Sunday, March 28, 2010

Poughkeepsie, New York


I'm going to try something new: Less words on where I've visited and more photos. Let me know if it's more helpful/less helpful.

On that note, last Saturday I visited G.A.S. or Gallery and Studio, the Bardavon Opera House, and the Barrett Art Center in Poughkeepsie New York. All three are within walking distances of each other.

Here are some photos from G.A.S. located on Main Street:
The current show at G.A.S. is titled Triple Whammy, encompassing 3 solo shows from Franc Palaia (Photographs), Joanne Klein (Painting Installation), and Bill Rybak (Digital Prints & Sculpture). The show goes until April 11th.

My next destination was the Bardavon Opera House on Market Street:
(Unfortunately, I could not wander inside to take photos because there was a performance going on.) The Baravon Opera House, in conjuction with UPAC, offers a great season of entertainment. A short walk from the train station, I highly recommend that if you're ever in Poughkeepsie to go see a show/performance here.


My last stop was the Barrett Art Center off of Noxon Street:
The Barrett Art Center is a wonderful gallery and school. Their current exhibition is titled Art of the Garden, which runs until April 3rd. Many of the pieces of affordable priced and for sale. The Barrett Art Center also offers an array of classes from digital photography to figure drawing. For a schedule of their classes, click here.


I do plan on visiting Poughkeepsie again to check out the local colleges' galleries, such as Vassar's, Marist's and Dutchess Community College's.

If you know any places in Poughkeepsie, or in the Hudson Valley, worth checking out, let me know!


H9M2PAFSJPK5

1 comment:

  1. Very nice. I like the small photos and short descriptions. --Annmarie

    ReplyDelete